Winter is quickly approaching and it is time to ensure your vehicle is ready for the colder winter temperatures. Self Serve Garage was featured on King 5 News providing tips for winterizing your car.
Here are a few more quick tips to
winterize your vehicle.
- Get that cracked windshield fixed and change those wiper blades. Any crack or chip in a windshield can and will grow during colder temperatures and can quickly obstruct your view. Having new windshield wipers will ensure they can easily remove snow and slush.
- Check your tire’s air pressure. Properly inflated tires give you the best traction.
- Do a little preventive maintenance on your battery. Clean your posts and connections to ensure your battery is being properly charged.
- Make sure your antifreeze mixture is correct! Check your owner’s manual for the proper mixture, but it is usually about a 50 – 50 mix.
- Change your oil. You might as well change your oil if it is close to that time when it needs to be done.
- Put an emergency kit in your car. Your kit should include multiple items you may need in an emergency situation such as a blanket, change of clothes, water, flashlight, and other items.
Want to Winterize Your Vehicle Yourself?